Thursday, 24 February 2011

New Samples

Well, I've not posted for a while - good New Years resolution huh! I am so busy with normal work and my 'other life' I don't seem to find the time to post regularly. Oh, well sporadic can be good too!
Anyhow I've been playing with the Eco Green Crafts paints, stamps and substrates, getting ready for demo's for Creative Expressions. Had one in Preston at the Inspirations store in their 1st Birthday week and there appeared to be alot of interest in the techniques and effects achievable with these products - see what you think....
Used the Spackle to create this sample - good for texture. The flowers are made from Grunge Paper and the central image was created with alcohol inks on acetate and overstamped with black archival ink. I think this is quite pretty!
The next few are small pieces of mountboard and cards showing some of the techniques that can be achieved with the paints:
Cling film technique - stamping with petroleum jelly - crackle - stamping with the paints.

 The next couple of samples show a key cabinet I altered using spackle, the paints and a couple of Tim Holtz Alterations dies, and the Chubby Bird substrate from Eco Green Craft, (couldn't think what to do with this so it is a little unusual) - 'Time Flies':

Now for something a little different. I have a demo day in March at Stampeeze in Coventry and have been making samples for this using the Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powders and several Creative Expressions stamp plates:
This double twisted easel card uses the Button Floral stamp, painted with mica pigments (photo's do not do these pigments justice), and shaded with Distress Ink. The paper roses are also made using an image from this stamp plate - sooo pretty!!

I have used the Butterfly 1 stamp plate for this, and the following card - very different looks.

Vintage Sewing has been used for these two cards. On the main image above I used the cracked ice technique - triple emboss in clear, put in freezer and when card has curled/contracted bend back to straighten out, cracking the embossing powder to give an aged look. To accent the cracks I rubbed over with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

A little bit of shrink plastic - we're all big kids at heart.
Anyhow, that's all from my mega post for now. Be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment