Another card from my archive today.
I know it's a Christmas card but I wanted to show the foils from WOW. They can be used with bonding powder, double sided tape or glue and can be either burnished on, ironed on or run through a laminator. I tried these different techniques with varying results (depends on the look your after), but found that the bestest, shiniest results were through a laminator - lovely!
The background that the images are on is waste Cosmic Shimmer Mists that I picked up off my craft sheet after a session of spritzing for Creative Expressions. Nothing wasted!
Been so busy lately that I haven't had time to play just for me so I thought that I'd share with you some of the cards that I haven't posted on here before.
Today's offering is a card I made for the Hobbycrafts Show at the NEC using WOW Powders and one of Suzy West's stamp plates - Gratitude.
I can't remember which colour powders I used to emboss with, but I do know that the tickets were stamped in black and embossed in clear. To get the reverse image of the leaves (notice the text is backwards), I transfered the inked up image to a brayer and then rolled it out. The lines across the bottom of the toppers were created with the edge of a ruler; I accidentally got ink on one of them so this was a cover up. I like the effect!
Just a quick post to show you the project I made for the WOW Embossing Powders colour challenge.
A total pink and red explosion. I wasn't quite sure what I was making when I started this; I had a styrofoam wreath and knew I was going to emboss die cut hearts and as is usually the case when I play, this just evolved. Not to everyones taste I know, but shows off the embossing powders beautifully.
Whilst I'm here I've added below a couple of the cards I made from this months DO promotion.
This is my first sample for the WOW Embossing Powders Design Team. I decided to make a tag and think I'll make one tag for each important event this year - creating myself a Tag Book by December.
The brief was Valentine's, using any of the stamps that WOW stock and I came up with this - ended up looking a bit fan like and Spanish?! Ole!
I created the background with Distress Inks, overstamped with text and edged with Copper EP.
The little heart embellishment was made from UTEE poured into a silicone mould.
I coloured the key with Alcohol Inks and all the hearts were die cut from Pearlescent Cardstock.
Now it's your turn!
We have a Blog Challenge for January - play along with us and create a project either with a Love Theme or using the colours shown on the WOW blog for inspiration.
Just a quicky to post a picture of a sample I made for the Stampeezee webshop blog showing the Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Art Parts and rubber stamps I've had in stock. I love it so much I just had to pop it onto my blog too!
I tried to keep the colours pretty rather than the usual grungy look I'd go for with this type of project. I wanted to show other crafters that altered doesn't always mean brown!
I used some of the WOW embossing powders on the flower table part and the leaf flourish and to keep the distress ink colours bright I gesso'd all the pices of chipboard first.
Well, enough blogging for now, should be making samples for DO.