Monday 6 February 2012

Journal for Oliver

Hi Bloggers

Just had to share with you what I've been up to. My middle son asked me to make him some kind of a journal that he could add pages to as and when he felt like it. I had a Basics board book lying around and he asked me to decorate each page with things that he liked in a grungy kind of a style (definately his thing).
See what you think:
Grungeboard hinges and strap with WOW Copper embossing powder and a bit of Tim Holtz
 Idea-ology.
Old book pages, gesso-ed with some altered cardboard gears & sprockets.
Stamped images from the Portabello Road collection by DO Crafts.
This is HUNK - a Stampotique image that Oliver loves (and spiders that he hates). I crackled this background with glue and acrylic paint.
Hearts made with a mould and WOW Ultra High EP. Blue page is sky blue acrylic paint with dark blue paint dabbed on using a plastic bag. I stamped the grid image onto white tissue paper and adhered with Matt Medium. Then some Steampunk was the order of the day on this, and the following page:
Below are a few close ups - sorry if boredom is setting in but I loved creating this:
Whew! Loads of grunge - not to everyones taste, but this totally embodies my middle baby. (He'll kill me for calling him that - 15 this year!).

Thanks for stopping by.

Rachel x





 

2 comments:

  1. Sensational - sure your son will just love this (if not you can always send it to me. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, I have some of the Portobello Road collection to scrapbook some photos from a trip to London, I'm feeling really inspired now. xx

    ReplyDelete