Thursday 25 August 2011

Tag Your It/Anything Goes

Just a quick post to show a tag I've made using an Elisabeth Bell image - Musing Melinda - from Whiff of Joy. The base tag was one of the Shabby Chic tags from Crafty Individuals but I re-inked the edges using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and smeared with a little gold paint from the Eco Paints range . The doily was inked with Victorian Velvet D/Ink and again smeared with gold paint, as were the edges of the image topper. I stamped Melinda with distress ink and used a damp paintbrush to pull out some of the colour. To add some definition back I went over the clothing lines and her facial features with a fine liner. I heated circles of tuille to make the base of the flowers - it melts and shrivels - and added small Prima flowers with brads to the centres. A bit of lace and a sentiment to finish.

So that's my shabby chic style tag I'd like to enter into the Whiff Of Joy and the Belles & Whistles challenges.
Thanks for looking.

Rachel x

3 comments:

  1. Your tag is beautiful.
    Love the colours you have used.
    Thank you for joining the BnW challenge

    Hugs AUdhild

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag! Lovely colours and added details too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a soft and beautiful tag!! Love that image, your coloring and details!! Thanks for joining the WOJ challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete